Making homemade ice cream can be a fun and delicious activity. There are several methods you can use, but I’ll provide you with a simple recipe for making ice cream without an ice cream maker. Here’s how to make homemade ice cream.
How To Make Homemade ice Cream
homemade ice cream Ingredients:
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1 cup whole milk
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk the mixture together until the sugar is fully dissolved.
2. Once the mixture is well combined, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours. Chilling the mixture will help it freeze faster and produce a smoother texture.
3. After the mixture has chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and give it a good stir to ensure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Pour the mixture into a shallow, freezer-safe container or a loaf pan. Make sure the container has enough space for the ice cream to expand as it freezes.
5. Place the container in the freezer and let it freeze for about 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the container from the freezer and use a fork or a whisk to vigorously stir the mixture, breaking up any ice crystals that have formed.
6. Repeat this process of freezing for 1 hour and stirring every hour for a total of 3-4 times. This will help prevent the formation of large ice crystals and create a smoother ice cream texture.
7. After the final stirring, let the ice cream freeze undisturbed for an additional 2-3 hours or until it reaches the desired consistency.
8. Once the ice cream has hardened, it is ready to be served. Scoop it into bowls or cones and enjoy!
Optional: You can also add various mix-ins to the ice cream base, such as chocolate chips, crushed cookies, fruit puree, or nuts, during the stirring process to create different flavors and textures.
Remember that homemade ice cream tends to be softer and creamier than store-bought ice cream due to the absence of stabilizers and emulsifiers. Enjoy your homemade treat and experiment with different flavors and toppings to customize your ice cream experience!